The initial Haemair innovation is a development of established Extracorporeal Life Support (ECLS/ECMO) technology used to assist patients with reversible life threatening respiratory or cardiac disease for periods days or even weeks.
Haemair was founded by engineers with close relatives who had suffered and died of lung disease. From the outset, the vision was of a device that would directly oxygenate blood to augment residual lung capacity and ultimately provide an alternative to lung transplant.
We are pleased to announce two recent grant awards to further our goal of saving lives. The SMART Cymru award from the Welsh Government to develop an improved method of maintaining organs for transplant, and an award from Innovate UK (the UK Government innovation agency) to treat the comorbidities of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome and Acute Kidney injury
Welcome to Haemair
Developing Life-saving Technology
Our mission – our skills
Haemair has created a range of related technologies built on skills in the physical and chemical properties of blood. All have the objective of saving and improving lives in a cost-effective manner. Our focus is on developing and commercializing these technologies; we are seeking collaborators to work with us in partnerships to take the following products to market:
– a device that improves the quality of stored blood by removing toxic components that accumulate over time
– a low haemolysis pulsatile blood pump for application in extending the viability of individual organs and in reducing the risks of procedures requiring cardiopulmonary bypass. The pump can mimic the pulse profile found in living beings.
– a novel compact blood oxygenator
– a full system for maintaining organ viability ex-vivo to provide improved organs for transplant and also to greatly reduce animal testing
– a device for treating the comorbidities of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome and Acute Kidney Injury
– extracorporeal Life Support (ECLS)
– control of ECLS systems
Each of these technologies is described under “Products”
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.